Sunday, September 06, 2015

Time slips away like sand

Goodafternoon everybody!

It's early afternoon, but as I am used to post early morning, I feel I lost half a day LOL!
Well, loosing time seems to be quite a "normal" feeling at the moment. The days pass by in a kind of rush, and when I look back at them, I just cannot remember with what time passed. I know there are things I achieved during those days, but I am "missing"also moments hahahaha. No, don;t worry, I think my brain is still working okay, but days sometimes are filled with all kind of little things to do and they aren;t all worth remembering.
This week I finally got to the hairdresser, and what a relief that is, believe me.
Also had an appointment with my "volunteerwork coach", which was nice as always. He gave me another two weeks to orientate myself to volunteerwork I might like to do( this coach is very nice to me, and gives only positive reports to the guy of social service benefits, ), but also I might be taken in in a group for language lessons to non-natives, specially women on another location. They know I am not a teacher, so giving lessons myself already, hmmm, I don;t know if that is a good idea, but I can help perhaps in setting up language course, in getting material for it, calling around, typing things if needed etc. etc. I hope to hear from the starting group soon, they will have a meeting and I am invited to it, to brainstorm with them. Might be nice.

It hasn;t been the best of weather to go out for a longer time last week, we had lots of rainshowers, some real heavy ones, at times also some clearing up and sunshine, but the temperatures dropped enormously to about 16-17 C daytime. And that is really several degrees lower than usual temperatures in the beginning of September.
But may be later this week it will crawl upwards again a bit. I really hope so, because i am not ready yet for low autumn temperatures and such. I am crossing my fingers for having a loooong Indian Summer, short autumn and winter and early spring again.LOL!
I will have to spread my dahlia's otherwise in the garden next year. Oh, they are doing very well, but they grew much bigger than I thought, so they will need more space between them and another place in the garden.
The tomatoes are doing okay too,  we had several times a salad containing a few of our own tomatoes.
Just need to cut them down a bit, remove more of their leaves, so that the tomatoes at the plants will catch more light and sunlight specially. And we have to hope for a week or so of much warmer temperatures, so all my tomatoes will ripen at time.

Today Jan has his last day of social work this week(no, it hasn;t ended, just this weekend LOL,) but I wonder if it isn't a bit too straining, 3 days in a row. I asked him, but of course he denied it, still I see he is rather tired after 3 days from 16.00-19.00 a.m., which may not seem a long time, but he misses his after-dinner nap like this. He comes home around 19.30 a.m. drinks something then after some time he has to have his dinner, and of course then it is too late to take a nap.
He helps people of age with their evening sandwich and drinks, preparing it, clearing off, getting the little kitchen in order etc. for a group of about 15-20 people. Most of them are at that department for
medical rehabilitation, after an operation of e.g. a hip, or a fall at home, something like that.
So the larger part of them are still capable of eating themselves, but have sometimes a bit of trouble making their sandwich, (and sometimes they just like to be pampered a bit, hahaha). One day there is much more to do than on another day, there are evenings he has time to take a pause, even take a cup of soup himself if there is some left over, then is isn't so straining of course.
It's a kind of work Jan likes to do and does it well, it also helps he has his background of nursing, so he has a keen eye to see where real help is needed and so. Plus he is easy in little conversations with them. 
well, I will keep an eye on him, so to speak and if I think it is just a bit too much  will try to convince him to perhaps spread his 3 days differently. May 2 in the weekend, then a day od rest and then another shift. But that will be hard work for me to get his that far hahahaha.
 
And.... did I do some designing this week? Not too much, but I did start another kit again.
I am spending time at the computer though, but it is filled with other things at the moment. Have to keep up a bit with a few blogs I follow, and now again I will have to spend some time searching for a nice volunteer job if the language thing will not blossom, and slowly Jan and I have to spend some time in the garden, preparing it again for autumn and winter. We still have a bit of time but with the weather changing to less good all the time, we'll have to pick the moments.
 
But there is a freebie for you, made by the wonderful creative Arlene, clusters and a quickpage made with the Seaside Sunset kit.
Leaving you now, with wishes for a lovely day and good start of the week.
 
Download    HERE
 


6 comments:

Stacey said...

thanks to you and Arlene. these are just beautiful! I do hope you find something you like to do. I also hope Jan doesn't push himself too hard. I wish I could send you some of our weather and I'd take some of yours. we'll still be around 103 / 104 thru next weekend and I'm so done with heat!

Avril H said...

Lovely - many thanks :) Here in the UK we have been promised an Indian Summer - well for this monthat least, hopefully longer. Anything to shorten winter. Hope you get some fine weather too. One of my tomato plants has suffered from a cold snap in the weather last week. Fortunately the others are doing well. More than enough to keep me going in soups & sauces throughout the cold winter months. Good luck to you both in work & play.

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Gosh, I hope you're right about the long Indian Summer, short Winter, early Spring. It sounds like a fabulous plan to me.

Your new volunteer job teaching language sounds wonderful. As a kid, I always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. Well, I finally ended up teaching ceramics and painting when I opened my own shop. My daughters and I taught day and evening classes, and we taught at local schools and senior groups. Not quite what I had in mind as a youngster, but I loved every bit of it.

It's a holiday here, and Pogo has been waiting patiently for Joe to wake up and come downstairs (out in the main house) so that he can get his morning turkey treat. I'll have to walk out to the house to see if Joe is up.

You have a wonderful day, and tell Jan to slow down a bit. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for this lovely download...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely gifts from Arlene again...please tell her thank you and thanks to you for the lovely kit for her to use!
Been a little busy weekend doing some contract work for my accountant...which is good because it is too HOT to do anything outdoors. To hit 104F today and still NO RAIN in sight. Glad you and Jan are doing well, hope this next week is a FANTASTIC one for both of you! Hugs, Mat

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you to Arlene for the very pretty goodies. The kit itself is great and she has put just the right things to go with it.

I lived in Japan for 3 years (Many moons ago) when my children were in grade school on the base and I took a position teaching "Conversational English" to a group of students who were very interested in getting to the US. I found it very rewarding and I'm not a teacher. Just someone who wants to help out. We had Picture books that had the words in English and Japanese. It was fun for me to learn their language as I helped them learn mine. I'm sure you'll catch the hang of it. I did learn that structure and grammar that I learned in school are out the window. It was fun and I got paid to do it. Riding a train for 40 mins or so was an experience in itself. And I was alone after dark in a strange country. But I never had but once incident that we all laughed about later.

Have fun, I think you'll really like teaching.