Saturday, September 26, 2015

Kind of Indian Summer starting here.

Goodmorning everybody!

Yes, after a week or two of rain and cloudy weather most of the time I think we are heading for a very nice week. It started already yesterday with a day mostly filled with sunshine, at times some small clouds, but wonderful weather, temperatures around 18C, so not too much but enough.
So I decided to take a walk yesterday afternoon, just walked to an area of our town, where I don;t go too often, but where they have a lot of beautiful houses and gardens, a lot of greenery and some smaller woodland area's to take a stroll.
And gosh, I really enjoyed myself there, and all together I was out for about 2 1/2 hours!
On the way back home I passed a little garden centre and yes, you can guess it...I went in, of course.
But I was a really good girl and didnlt buy any plants, well, almost none LOL. I just bought a nice blooming begonia for Jan'indoor plant collection and a tiny little "leaf-begonia"as they call it, Ths one just has beautiful foliage, but doesn;t get flowers.
I though this begonia had such happy colors, and just in fron you see the tiny little one I bought too.

But when home i really was glad to sit down on the couch. Jan already had left for his volunteerwork, so I watched a bit tv and then made myself some dinner and sat down at the couch again LOL.
The rest of the week was filled with a bit of the usual stuff, some things done in the house, some laundry, some ironing, some grocerie shopping, also had a trip to the market, and always must be careful not to buy too much veggies and fruit.(prices are rather low at the moement for a lot of things).

Just looking out of the window and see lots of sunshine but also dark sky, funny combination. Hope that it will not rain. I must go for some small things to the supermarket, so it better stays dry.
And i think I will stay home for the large part of the day. Oh, not a bad thing, I can work on a knitting project and also perhaps on a new kit for you and in the afternoon I can watch a few of my favourite programs on tv, these are on the BBC, and one is The Harrys Biker Food trip (I have a link for you to check them out and you will also find some great recipees there:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/chefs/hairy_bikers) I just love those guy, because in their program they cook some not too difficult things of the countries they are travelling through, but also you learn and see some cultural about those countries. You could call them kind of unconventional LOL
Just after that is the Great British Bake off, just love to see that, no baker myself at all, admire all that creativity and yummie things. Then there is Flog it and just after that Gardener's world.
Then it's about time Jan comes home and we watch the news and then a new detective serie that just started last week. Very interesting one, and kind of fingerchewing too at times, LOL
here's a very short story line:
Inspired by the story of a real couple, the  four-part drama begins when Eccleston’s character Robert and his teacher wife Katy (Marsha Thomason) are asked by close friend and police officer Mark (Paterson Joseph), to turn their remote Lake District B&B into a safe house for protected witnesses and crime victims.
Their decision to say yes means Robert revisiting the memory of a tragedy from his time as a policeman when a witness he was protecting was shot and killed.
The first family that come under Katy and Robert's care also cause the couple a few problems...

So we have a busy tv evening ahead, hahaha.

Only thing that could be somewhat better is Jan's cold he has at the moment. Mine is almost gone, thank God, but he is still coughing a bit too much to my liking. Well, perhaps he needs a few more days of good sleep and sme sunshine of his body!

Do I have a freebie for you after all this rambling by me? Yes, I do! it is named "Fallicious", meaning it has a bit of autumn in it in a soft way.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Download     HERE

6 comments:

Stacey said...

thanks so much for the gorgeous kit! I hope you have nice weather for the week ahead. we are still having summer weather over 100 degrees still. I want fall!

Grandma Sarge said...

I love the fall colors so I really like this new kit. Thank you so much.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra for this lovely download. Your new flowers are lovely too, the colour is really pretty...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks so much Missy! these are pretty colors and among my favorites too! So glad you are feeling better and out and about more, hope Jan feels better soon too. I had a busy weekend and yes, now all the new shows or new story lines are popping up all over the TV making it interesting again. I watched the Super Moon last evening, very interesting, but no photos to share.Well, off to feed the babies their evening meal. Hope your week is wonderful. Hugs, mat

Edna B said...

Kyra, your new plants are gorgeous! Poor Jan. Make sure he takes good care so his cold will go away. This is not a good time for him to be catching a nasty cold.

Thank you for the beautiful Fall kit.. I love the colors, and that little squirrel is so adorable. We have quite a few squirrels in our yard, but lately I've been missing the cute little red squirrel. I hope he's okay.

The weather man is still saying that we have lots and lots of rain coming, and it will be here all week. Hmmm, I'm not sure I like that forecast so much. Ah well, what will will be.

It's time for Pogo and me to get ready to turn in for the night. You have a wonderful night too my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

HappyScreens said...

Thanks very much to you both. These fit the season so well!