Wednesday, March 25, 2015

New appointments, new chances, running here, running there!

Goodmorning everybody!

Gosh, there are times, it is so quiet here and other times every day there is an appointment or necessary thing to do.
Monday I went to the information meeting for a possible volunteer job, but I didn;t apply. It's just not a thing for me, I thought it was more about a course where you learned about helping people with their budgetting, but to me it looked more like a talking group about it, and of course everybody can learn about it, but it's not in the way I thought it was.
But I already have another option, which is more my kind of thing, I guess. I will go the 7th of april to a info meeting for language volunteer. That is a short course about how to help people with trouble to understand Dutch and help them to learn it better. In way of understanding forms, or letters from e.g. councils, or to have a simple conversation and such. It's for Dutch people who have problems in e.g. writing simple letters, or reading a story to a grandchildand such,  but also for people of other origin, who want to learn our language. I think it wil not be so easy, but very interesting.
And after finishing the short learning process I have to do, I assume I first will be an assistent to a language teacher, which is fine to me.

Yesterday evening wasn't quiet all evening, because at some time, Jan went to the kitchen, switched on the light and BANG, the light went out, probably a bulb that gave up. Normally no problem, but suddenly a part of the lights there couldn;t be switched on again. Okay, may be a fuse that gave up. but it took some time to finally get all back in working order. At the end all worked again, only not one bulb of the ceiling light in the kitchen. So Jan will have to buy a new one today. Pffff, I was looking forward to a peaceful evening, without happening anything, but no. It sounds not like much, but as we already had a bad weekend, Monday I had to go to that meeting, iot was a bit too much and a nice evening without any event would have been nice LOL.

Okay, today we have another chance, hahaha. Jan also made a phonecall to the home where he has his volunteer job, to explain the whole situation, and said he wouldn;t come to work this coming weekend, he first wanted to do the echo he has next week and the appointment at surgery after. I think he is being sensible, not risking a new visit to ER.

With all the appointments to think of, the "normal"business of a household in between, I have but little time to spend on designing at the moment. And when there is time, I am nt always in the right mood.
Oh well, some day all this will be done with, hopefully and life will take an easier track to follow, more organized I hope and for a while no more forms to fill in and wait for decisions or government or council etc. and then I will have more time to follow up emails, answer them properly, because I have the feeling some people think I forgot about them, which isn't true. I just don't have the relaxed soul at the moment to write back to them, so everybody who is thinking I don't know them anymore, please know I am thinking of you and will mail you again as soon as possible. .



The weather isn't too bad but not good either. I have the feeling spring is pushing but has not yet enough force to come through the door, grin! Still, whenever there is a moment we take a quick look into the garden and see that in spite of lacking of warmth and sunshine some of the seedlings really try to become a little plant. Amazing, how strong nature can be.
The ones that look like starting plants, aren't yet big enough to re-pot, but it is looking hopeful.
So perhaps in a couple of weeks we suddenly have a lot of work to do in the garden again.
Can't wait till the first day comes that we would be able to sit for a moment in our chair there, if only it would be for an hour or so. Patience is needed, hmmmm, that's difficult LOL.

Today is shopping day, I am running out of bread and cat food and almost the coffee(cannot do without that hahahah), and probably some other things too, so i cannt linger all too long here anymore.
I have for you the clusters from Arlene, made with the Solange kit.
Wishing you all a wonderful day and thanks for keeping up with me!

Download    HERE

5 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm hoping that things settle down soon for you. I think Jan is right not to go back to work until after his doctor appointment. Working could make things worse right about now. I think a job working with a language teacher could be very interesting for you. Good luck my friend.

Today it is sunny and should be much warmer. About 50F degrees. Oh gosh, I hope so!! Daytime temps for the next week are supposed to range between 41F and 53F degrees. Maybe Spring is trying to get to us too? Oh that would be so nice!

Well now it's time for me to head on over and start typing my blog post. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you Arlene for the lovely clusters.
I used to think I had a hectic time of it but you manage to pack more into a day than I ever could! God Bless you. Keep up the good thoughts and around the corner you might see some light!
Thanks for the kit and Thanks to Arlene for the clusters.

Stacey said...

Kyra, thanks so much to you and Arlene for the beautiful clusters. I do hope you had a peaceful day today and tomorrow. Jan is wise to wait so he doesn't end up at the ER. so i'm glad he's not forcing. Nature is very persistent. I saw on the weather channel that if man isn't vigilant in the up keeping of business, within 50 to 75 years it can crumble a building and you wouldn't even know it had been there, which is pretty amazing. I hope all your seedlings to live!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you Kyra and Arlene for these wonderful clusters...

Sue said...

Thank you for the beautiful clusters with frames!

Beautiful day in Dallas, Texas, USA. Not too hot but nice and sunny. Was able to work on plants in our courtyard and get ready for spring!