Wednesday, November 26, 2014

One interview over, on to the next one.

Goodmorning everybody!

Well, it seems it was quite an agreable interview for Jan. He now can wait for a phonecall to do some volunteer work. He could search for it himself, but it is better when he already has a kind of reference from social security. so we'll see what comes up. Now next week I have my long interview. Hmmm, I hope I have a same understanding and nice person, like he had.

as planned i did some housework on Monday afternoon. I threw my forces on wiping the kitchen floor and the living room floor! Strange color of the water after I finished hahaa!
Then after a break, I went into the kitchen to prepare for dinner. We had my own version of a chili con carne. aside of the minced meat and beans I added tomatoes, paprika, onion, garlic, potatoes.
and it tasted ever so well.
Yesterday, when jan was out for his interview, I did some minor things in the house and made a big pan of stewpears for dessert, and also some sweets were baked. It was a recipee I had for years and years, but never used it anymore. My mother got it from a real good friend in Slovenia.
Easy to make, but I think it tastes really good and is easy to make.
For a rather large portion of this kind of cookies here the recipee:

4 eggs
250 grams of self raising flower
200 grams of sugar
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
250 grams of raisins
if you like, 100 gram of chopped hazelnuts.

Preheat oven at about 175 C
Mix the eggs good, then add all sugar, stirr with a wooden spoon well. Then add the flower, stirr again. Add then raisins and nuts.
Put it on an oventray(you could put a piece of baking paper on it, it will stick less), and  straighten the doug over it till you have a thinner slice of it.
Put it in the middle of the oven, for about 15 till 30 minutes. keep a good eye to it, that it will not bake too quickly and turns too brown!
when done, take the plate out, loosen the slice from the baking paper, then cut it in dice, or however big you want to have them, turn the oven to 50C, put in the cut slice of biscuit in it and let the oven open a little bit, and let the biscuit dry.
It must harden out almost completely, otherwise the biscuit becomes a bit chewy.
Put it in a box that closes well, and you have someting for the tea or coffee in an easyy way.
Hope it will taste.

Today the weather looks less good than the last couple of days, but I still need to go out for a few things.
Oh, well, it will freshen me up I hope.

As I did not achieve to make a "general"kit over the weekend, we can start as good already with some Christmas stuff. A bit early, but who cares actually?
This one is named "Blue velvet Christmas".
Oh and may be next week I will have a real surprise for you. Not giving away any clous, but I am sure you will like it.
Now I have a little bit of time left to continue on a started kit, so  wish you all a lovely day and of course a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

Download    HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your kit for free.

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Those cookies sound just yummy!! And I love your pretty Christmas kit. The title is quite interesting.

Good thing Pogo and I went out for a while yesterday, because today is gray and wet.

Such good news about Jan's interview. Here's wishing you a good interview also. It will be so nice when you don't have to worry any more about your future.

I think a bit of volunteer work will be very interesting. It's also a great way to stay involved with the community.

Pogo and I are having a rather easy day, not doing much of anything. I bought a large turkey and a lot of veggies for the dinner tomorrow, and one or two of the dwarfs can do all the cooking.

Now I'm off to catch up some blog reading. You have a fabulous day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for this lovely kit.
Good news about Jan's interview, I hope your interview goes well for you too.
Your new background is really pretty too...

Moggie said...

Kyra, this kit is really lovely! Thank you so much for sharing it.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the Christmas kit and also Thanks to Arlene for the clusters to go with it.
Our Thanksgiving was good even though I couldn't eat any of the turkey that I had cooked. I handled the stuffing, the mashed potatos & gravy and the mashed sweet potatoes. My daughters dog found the lower denture on the night stand and snapped it in half. I had to get out the really old denture and smooth the edges a bit but it doesn't quite meet up with the upper denture so eating is difficult. Ice cream works though and cake is soft enough. I'll probably put on more weight.
Have a great day and looking forward to another week of stuffing etc...

R said...

Thank you :)