Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sochi medals again!

Goodmorning everybody!

As I wanted, I went on Monday for some shopping, to be "free"on Tuesday for the skating again.
But there is something to tell, although no world news, not at all.
No, Monday afternoon I just felt soooo sleepy( didn;t catch too many hours at night), so I made a little nap.
As I woke up, at about 4.30 am no Jan in the room. That's nothing special, I thought he might be in the extension room, busy a bit with the closet.So I first woke up a bit and then went into the kitchen to prepare for dinner. When all was about ready, had to simmer and cook still for perhaps 10 minutes or so, I went into the extension room to tell Jan dinner almost was ready. But...............no Jan!
Well, may be he went into the bedroom, perhaps also for a nap??? No Jan.
So that was a bit strange, but I looked around everywhere, even in the garden, found nobody!
Okay, I came to the conclusion he went out for a stroll, but it was a bit funny he wasn;t home yet. Normally he comes home then around 4 or 4.30, when it's late may be even 5.00 am.
I checked if he took his mobile, so I could ask where he was. Mobile still at the table.
Gosh, I turned down the gas, and got a little bit anxious now. Probably no reason for it, but you never know, can you? LOL/
So I started looking out of the window if I saw somebody familiar coming. (I also can see the stop of the tram). Finally I saw him walking towards our front door. By then it was already 5.30 am.
Gosh, I was glad he was home, and I told him I have no trouble with the fact he goes out, of course not, but that it was a bit late and that next time it would be nice if he took his mobile with him!
Jan looked at the clock and said": Gosh I thought it was around 4.30, sorry, had no idea it was already that late ".
Husbands.............. they are nice to have, but......................ROLF!
(but I worry sometimes to quickly, for nothing)

Okay, yesterday was another speedskating event, 10 km. for men. Pity some skaters didn;t start, like a ouple of Norwegians and a Russian.
But never mind, there were 3 Dutch skaters to follow. And they did very well( okay, we expected it a bit).
So we gathered again some medals there.
Also watched some great other sports, like ice-hockey and bobsled too! And we have teams there too! No, they not yet compete with the real great ones, but we do compete. We even are not bad at all with the two-women bob, after two heats we are at 6th place!
Now today again speedskating, 500 mtrs women(we hope for some medals there too), and also figure skating for women, yes!

Enough of sport. Want to give you a link to a spot on Deviant art, where Arlene has started to post some of her textures, she makes, and she has some lovely ones! Would be nice if you could visit, do;t know if everybody just can leave a comment or not, perhaps you first must have an account there? Anyway, take a look!
 http://babybear782.deviantart.com/


She also wants to start a blog, to show more of her work, but is not too confident about it to put one together. If there is anybody who is a bit handy in putting up a blog and would be able to help her out, oh please do so. You can always send me a mail and I will send it to her, and then you two can sort it out together.

Time for me now to get busy, well, almost. First the freebie, of course and then a cup of coffee and after that I will be able to get busy here LOL!
Today's kit is a dreamy one, named RĂªves Silencieux ( meaning silent dreams), and some beautiful clusters from Arlene.
 You have a nice day and take care!



 Download   HERE

Download    HERE



7 comments:

Edna B said...

I think one of a man's jobs is to keep us constantly worrying about them. Ahhh, but what would we do without them! So glad he showed up eventually. He must have been having a great time and just lost track of time.

Today the sun is shining and the temps are on the way upward for a few days. It will feel so good, as long as we don't end up with a flood from all the snow melting. But I'm just going to enjoy the warm temps while we have them.

Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast. Pogo is sitting here looking at me like he is starving. Oh my poor little guy! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thanks for the new goodie. I have to write down what they mean so I don't forget when searching my folders...old age makes one forgetful. I've been enjoying the Olympics every night except for last night when we went to a TOR meeting and didn't get home until 10:30 pm. Of course the stop at our favorite restaurant took a little of our time. But the Apple pie w/cheese on top was worth it. We did get to see the medal ceremony for the Ice Dancers...I keep telling myself every time I see this Charlie.."he's not your son so you can't make him get a hair cut" LOL And the Half Pipe sking was all we got to see. but still good!!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning Kyra...glad you like my new blog layout...btw...you might as Linda at Random Thoughts to help Arlene, she maintains mine for me. Will definitely check out Arlene's spot on Deviant...thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the gifts from both of you today as well.
I watched so much of the Olympics over the weekend and last evening...I think I fell asleep just as the late news came on and did not awaken until 5:30 a.m. this morning....LOL! I was tired too!
Have a lovely "hump" day and I will be watching your ladies skate...more medals for all of you!
Chat more next time. Hugs, Mat

carolynf said...

Thanks!! I started scrapbooking around 2 years ago and found your site through Miss Edna's site. I have downloaded everything I could; therefore, I have many, many kits from you and the beautiful clusters from Arlene. Thanks again! You have given me hours of pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kyra !
Thank you so much for this lovely kit (I like when your kits have french names, LOL !).
Thanks for the link on DeviantArt too, because Arlene's textures are beautiful !! Your are both so talented... what more can I say ?
Thanks again for sharing all your creations, they bring me a lot.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Florence

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...

gypsymonkeyscrap said...

I am always in awe of the athleticism that I see represented at the Olympics - especially since I'm not all that athletic myself.