Friday, November 15, 2013

We are clearing stuff away!

Goodmorning everybody!

About the leak I can be rather short. Monday or any day after no plumber came by! I saw the tenant of the appartment I think it was Tuesday(or may be Wednesday afternoon) and aasked what happened.
Long explanation, but in short it had to do with the owner of the appartment, who changed the appointment apparantly, it might has to do with the fact he didn;t give the actual plumber who came by at first, the order but that somebody else ??? will come to fix it. The last thing we know now, is that on Sunday it will be fixed. Very confusing at the least, let's hope it will happen!

Wednesday Jan wnet through all the stuff standing in the extension at the moment, and got rid of a lot of it. Mostly it was hifi stuff, still good, like speakers and a radio and all that, but you cannot keep it all for years, standing there, collecting dust, with the idea: May be one day our radio or cd player or whatever might die and then we have a spare "! We were naughty and put it in plastic bags at the street with the garbage , collected every week. Well, we looked out of the window after an hour or two and it all was gone! Yeah, a good thing!
Yesterday Jan did some repair of holes and cracks at the wall, and I went through the stuff too. Got rid of a lot of stuff too, not that it makes a great difference in the heap that is still standing around, but it is a start too! I filled two garbage sacs already. I also will get rid of a few jigsaw puzzles, they all are still complete, I will bring them to a charity shop close to us. They can make a few euros which will go to a good cause. So slowly there will be light in the mess, after a few rummages more LOL!
It is hard to throw away things you held on to for many years, but if you didn;t look at it for years, you probably will not do it in the future either anymore. So it just has to go.

Yesterday wasn;t a too good day of the weather. Rainy, bit chilly, rather gloomy. But today it looks to be somewhat better, at least the sun is shining at the moment. So Jan and I will  probably go to the market, we do need a couple of things, mainly a bit of fruit, they also have a good bread stand there, and perhaps I will buy a little bit of veggies too(not too much, don't have to much room for it in the freezer now).
Perhaps during the weekend we cna do some more in the room near the extension, get rid of more stuff, re-arrange it in the big closet( that is less high now, much safer, although at the coast of some space to put things away) etc. Oh, it will feel so good when all will have its place again, and in lesser quantity, LOL, but that day is still not all to near. Well, slowly but certain should be the motto!

Today's kit is "November Dusk", perhaps it wakes a few nostalgic memories, at least i feel it that way when I look at the prview. Arlene has done a fantastic job again, with another beautiful quickpage, and lovely clusters.
Wishing you all a great weekend, stay healthy and hopefully you have some moments you even can smile!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE


3 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
I really hope whoever shows up to fix the leak does a good job and knows what they are doing. It must be so frustrating for you to still have it after all this time and that's without mentioning the damage that has probably been done to the timber from being wet for so long...

Edna B said...

Today is Sunday (6 am here) and I'm hoping that a real plumber shows up to fix the leak. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I envy your progress with the closet clean out. I haven't been able to do much of that for a couple of weeks now, but I'm hoping to get back on track soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hi Kyra,
It's been a busy couple of days, winding down with all the closing of the office. I turned over the checkbook, keys, etc to my boss on Friday, then she and I had a good little teary end of 26 years together as boss and employee. The only thing left is a visit with the shredders on Friday then all finished, now our conversations and visits will all be as friends.
I have news too, gotta go to my blog and post so will cut this short, just want to thank you for the two lovely gifts I just downloaded and the ones from Arlene too. Thanks to both of you for all you share so freely with us. Have a terrific weekend. Hugs, Mat