Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Much better with the bruises.

Goodmorning everybody!

yeah, it is already much better with the bruises after the fall. Just the elbow is protesting still at some movements but that too is almost gone and done with.

Well, yesterday was our Prinsjesdag and yes, we did spend some time at the tv, of course. As expected the king's speech wasn't really hopeful or optimistic, but our King did very well. I appreciated very much the personal touch he gave to it, at the beginning of the speech, referring to his mother and also to his recently deceased brother.
IHe read the text very quiet and intelligible, compliments for him.
I had the idea that our queen Maxima was a lot more nervous, when sitting at his side. 
It passed soon enough and I have to say I adored her dress! I have found a rather good photo of it.

As you can imagine we didn;t do too much yesterday either and I think it was good.
Perhaps we will go to the market today, if it will stay dry! At the moment there are some darker clouds, but that can change quickly. Good thing is that today the wind is almost gone.
And we even might get a couple of degrees more, starting perhaps in the weekend. Well, we just can hope for the best.

We got a shock yesterday evening again ROFL. Somewhere mid-evening Jan came into the room, after gone to the toilet. And said that he feared we could have another leak! I went to look with him, and indeed, there was a ridge of water there. I just prayed: "Please, please God, let it not be true"/
Checked the wall, the ceiling, all we could, everything felt dry. I dried it up and said to Jan we just had to wait and see what happened/ I will not try to be over- enthousiastic, but till now, it all stayed dry at the floor there.
Perhaps it was just some water of the shower curtain, that hanged over a bit and dripped on it, or we might have spoiled some water doing something there(I have no idea what, but perhaps taking some water in a bucket, or throwing away some water from a bucket or so, I just don;t know).
We will keep a sharp eye on it, of course, I hope it was just one of those incomprehensible things that sometimes happen.

Enough of leaks and drips and water at strange places.
Time for a freebie, that is a much nicer thing.
Kit is named "Something Wonderful"and indeed, Arlene did something wonderful with it LOL. 
Hope you ca use some of it.
Have a fantastic day!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE

 

5 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. It's good to hear you so cheery and feeling better. Still, don't over do. Glad to hear that your weather is much better too. It helps when you have to do shopping and other things outdoors.

I hope that water in the bathroom does not turn into another leak. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Now I'm off to do my blog. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
It's good to hear you are feeling a little better...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, great to hear you are recovering from the fall. I certainly hope you do not have another leak...LOL
Great photo of your Queen, lovely dress! So happy you got to watch it and rest even if the news was not promising. I'm afraid it is the same world wide.
We are expecting a cold front to come in on Friday dropping our temps by about 10 degrees, but offering us some much needed rain too! Hope they are correct. We need the 90's to go AWAY!
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my kitties. No problems with the spelling, I got it all! LOL! Yes, I need to come up with a name for Baby, just realized it was a he and had been calling him Pixie, don't then that appropriate for a little "man"...LMBO!
Well, got to get busy and move my buns from this chair...chat with you again on Friday, have a great one! Hope you get you marketing done! Hugs, Mat
BTW....thanks so much for your gift and please thank Arlene as well for her lovely gifts!

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good evening Kyra:)
Aww...so sorry you fell and hurt yourself.:( Hope you are feeling much better real soon!
Your Queen is lovely! Nice Photo of her.:)
Sounds like your home is really coming along nicely! Hope you and Jan are able to rest and enjoy your handiwork soon!:)
Thank you soo much for all you share!I do love the colors you have chosen for this one.:)
I was soo happy when I realized you had left a lovely comment on my blog! Thank you so much my friend! I will try to get more photos posted soon.Jim is still on vacation..so it may be a few days.:)

Huge hugs!!
Valinda

Louisette said...

Good morning Kyra, wonderfull kits, greeting from Belgium