Friday, July 12, 2013

Lots accomplished.

Goodmorning everybody!

Wow, we had some busy days, but it is nice to be able to say that a lot has been done.
It feels good.
On Wednesday I gave the kitchen walls another coat and now all dried up it looks good.
I had a bit of paint left, which I could put back in the cannisater, but I was smart LOL!
I looked around in the house where I could use that for. We have some walls that desparately need a new coat of paint, but the left over wasn;t enough for a large wall.
But in the extension we had a small brick wall, that needed some fresh paint. So I did that and it sure makes a difference.
Fisnished with that I had to put things back on the shelf in the kitchen, put some newspapers on the the kitchen cabinets and while I still had the big ladder there it also was a good opportunity to clean them and all that was on higher level. Re-organized at the same time a bit, and now it all looks fresh and almost sparkling again. Kitchen could do with a sweep of the vacuum cleaner,. so did that too and took along the room too. In the mean time washing machine was turning and then I thought it was enough for the day.
I have no photo of the kitchen, may be that will come, I forgot to take one of the old situation, so you could see the difference.
Well, not so important.
Then yesterday I truly needed to do some food shopping, so after I had a nice long shower(hadnlt the energy for it anymore the other day), I went out for it. Got me all that I needed, and home again I gave our bed new sheets. And I thought that by then it should be a good thing to take some rest.
Jan also finished the woodwork of the shed, now we should dive into it to clear it out a bit.

Now the next project is waiting. Yes, now that we are still in the mood, we should continue.
May be I will start already today, we first have to clean the woodwork in the house, to have a good underground for the new paint. When that is done we can take each day a part, and then it should look a lot better and much lighter in the house. and if there still will be some energy left after that, I really should like to paint the walls in the hallway and also in the room. so enough plans, but it still is a lot of work .
Oh if only we could have our body condition back when we had only 40 years,for a month or so ,
we could do all that work and more in much less time ROFL!

That's about all that happened around here the last couple of days, so as I said, may be today some work will be done, but I think the weekend we take it a bit more relaxed, to recharge and then next week we can attack with some new energy.
Oh, this week started the European Soccer championship for women teams! Yes, women do that too! And really not bad at all. I must say, that may some teams lack still a bit of technique or accuracy in their passings, most matches are real fun to watch, and what they still lack in technique, they surely make it up woth their unbelievable energy and determination. And what is also very nice to see that there are commited almost no fauls, and if one is commited, they aren't too serious. What a difference with the men's competition! Men's soccer is sometimes so hard and with lots of "dirty"fauls, the guys should take an example of the women's soccer.  really mean that!
So yesterday our Dutch team had to play against the German team( world champion and european champion and is considered as the most strong one. But our ladies did amazingly well. Matche ended in 0-0, so it almost felt like a victory for the Dutch team.
We'll see how far they will come in the championship.

Okay, time for a freebie, then I can play for a little bit of time in PSE and then I want to get busy.
I have today a Nutshell kit for you, named Il Vento Accarezza (the caressing wind), with two lovely frame clusters from Arlene.
Have a wonderful weekend, and take care!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE


5 comments:

Linda said...

OMG well Kyra when you are all done redoing your home ... could you come do mine?? Our bedroom needs painting so badly LOL Plus I want to repaint the window shutters. So many projects, so little time (Or is it energy LOL)
Take care have a wonderful weekend my friend

Edna B said...

My goodness Kyra, I'm all worn out just thinking of all the work you've been doing. Wow! Although it's a good idea to do it now while you still can. lol. When you get to my age, a two day job takes a couple of months. I am going really slow to keep my breath longer. I'll get there, just not right away.

Right now, I'm enjoying macaroni and cheese and a big glass of cold water. A good way to end a long day. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
Kyra it sounds like you and Jan should have a couple of easy days after all the work you have done - re-energise and relax those muscles. Whatever you do over the weekend, I hope it is a good one for you...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for the lovely kit and clusters from Arlene. I used 2 kits of yours today for some photos on my blog and even made one that is on Miriam's. Still trying to play catch up with work and house chores and clothes to wash and put away! Did my grocery shopping too! So very tired, but happy! Have a great weekend, chat on Monday!
Hugs,
Mat

HappyScreens said...

You've really been busy, and I've had so much to do that I was behind. Now I've caught up with all of your beautiful kits and clusters. Thank you so much. Love your blog LO with Ciao Bella!