Friday, June 21, 2013

Gone are the summer-like days!

Goodmorning everybody!
\
We had a couple of real nice days, but today it seems to be the end of it.
At the moment we have heavy rainshowers, which is not too bad for the gardens, but one or two is good, more is not nice.
Hopefully they will pass quickly. Pity that temperature will drop drasticaly the next days, and I hate those great differences in temperature. two days we had about 25-28 degress C ( 77 to about 83 F) and next days it will drop to about 17-18 C( around 64 F). No wonder people have a cold all the time!

I had some vague plans for things I wanted to do yesterday, like painting the walls in the kitchen, now that they dried up well after the big leak we had some time ago. I even had the paintbucket and roller ready for it, looked for some old clothes to wear, all ready for the work. But it never came to that.
Got a phonecall from Heidi yesterday morning that she would come to a quick visit in the early afternoon. As it was a long time ago we had a little chat, of course I said yes to it!
Although it was a bit clouded yesterday , temperatures were real nice to sit outside.
So we had our chat, and a loooong walk through my little garden, and it was a nice time.
After she left, it was already a bit too late to start with the painting, so it will be for another day.
Probably not today, cause there are errands that need to be done first.

There was yet a nice thing yesterday at my bank account. The health insurance payment was effected again. Yoho, it came at a good time. Now we are only waiting for the taxoffice to pay the money back on Jan's name. I already recieved the one to me, but we would like to have it all, finally.
If not on the account today I think I will make a phonecall, and ask why it takes so long.

Oh boy, I am looking out of the window and see more rain and also wind to it, I hope that will pass away soon, cause I have to go out for a little shopping today. And I rather do that without getting soaked.
And that is my whish for our royal couple, that will visit today our city and some other towns in our province. Our king and his queen made a whole tour through all the provinces ot The Netherlands. Their last visit is to ours. It would be nicer if the rain stopped by the time they will arrive.
This tour gives a lot of people the opportunity to see the royal couple and even meet with them for a moment.
I will see something about their visit later on, on tv, no I am not going to a spot where they will be today!

Kit for today isa bit vintage looking, named "Manner of a Lady". Not too many elements, but I think enough to make a nice layout, and look at the add-on from Arlene. You have two clusters and a beautiful quickpage as well!
I think I can spend now a bit of time working on a new kit, waiting for the moment it will be dry outside.
Have a wonderful weekend, see you on Monday again!
Download    HERE

Download    HERE


4 comments:

Edna B said...

Oh gosh, so sorry about the bad weather you are having. This year just is not a good weather year. The climate change is really upsetting everything for people everywhere. I hope it warms up soon for you.

It was so nice that you got to sit and visit with Heidi for a while. I'm sure she probably went home with a handful of new plants from your garden. lol.

I have to get back to work here. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Oh what pretty things in this kit. Thank you and Arlene too!
Sorry your weather has cooled and is so damp. When the rain is about with the drop in temps, it just seems so cold...but I would like a little cool down...not to be...Summer has arrived officially and will last until October for us! LOL! Oh well, I choose to live where I do so gotta deal with it! Right? LMBO!!
Hope you found another surprise of Jan's tax money at the bank. Always nice to find more money...LOL!
I am through with my housework, now have work to catch up and then run some errands for my boss, then I can officially enjoy the weekend! Hope you and Jan have a great one, will catch you again on Monday!
Hugs, Mat

HappyScreens said...

Thank you. I love Arlene's corner cluster that she made to show off your kit.

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads. I hope you all have a great weekend...