Monday, March 25, 2013

I wonder if our cat is a bit a coward???

Goodmorning everybody!

After a loooong weekend of speedskating which ended in some great medals for our Dutch skaters, it will be time today to do something about the house LOL.
We had a kind of  restless weekend at times, caused by another cat. I don;t know if it is a new cat in the neighbourhood(we just got new neighbours, but I don;t know if it is their cat) and it is causing a bit of trouble. Well, I don;t mind of another cat comes into our garden, but I don;t like it if they come into the house. With another cat in the house, you should think that would be over with real soon.
Wrong thought!!! One evening Jan noticed that the stranger sat in front of the cat-door so that ours couldn;t get out. Another time the same, but Brodski couldn;t get in.
Later it sat in front of the other garden door, meowing like crazy.
I feel kind of sorry for this cat, it looks as if he has lost it's way or something like it.
And I must tell myself, it has another home, probably, but cannot find it at the moment, because my heart is good enough to take him in!
But it seems Brodski finally decided that he has to defend his house and doorway, cause Jan heard a lot of noise this night in the garden and Brodski left the house in big speed, because the mat in front of the door was pushed away halfway into the kitchen.
So we'll see if the cat comes again or not.

Weather here looks rather nice from the window, but as soon as you come out, wow, it is real cold and pretty hard wind. Still coming from the east, so it feels much colder than the thermometer tells you. It will get a bit better later this week, but still will be too cold for this time of year.

We got back our tax papers from the accountant, which indicates that we probably receive a bit of money back. Always nice to hear. He also looked at the other tax assessment and too bad, it is irgh so we will have to pay that. Oh weel, you win some and you loose some. Only thing is, that in this time of year, you receive all kind of taxes and other bills almost at the same time. I wonder why they cannot spread it out a bit. Enough talk about money business, it is boring and even depressing LOL

We got in the mail already an invitation for Heidi's birthday in June!! Yeah, very early you might think, but it will be her 40th and really a bit special, condsidering her health situation a few years ago! At some time it looked as if she wouldn't make it to her 40th!
The invitation was done so early, because she has only one wish as present, an electrical bike.
But they aren;t very cheap, so there was the request to just give an envelope with content. And of course they want to know how many people will attend at her birthday party, which will be done in a little party centre.
I think it's a very good idea to collect money for it, it's something she really can use, specially because she has to be careful with heavy physical effort.

Today's kit is named "Revival". Keeping good hopes that in due time Spring will arrive, I've made a happy colors kit. It's not a real Easter-kit, but you could use it for some Easter layouts too, or for some garden layouts, something like that. Sweet clusters of Arlene make it complete. Not only clusters, but you also get a fantastic quickpage she made!
So get creative with it.
Now I do have to dressed(after I had my second coffee) and produce some activity, sigh!
Have a lovely day.
Download    HERE

Download    HERE


6 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Gosh, I don't understand all this cold weather. We have so many flowers and plants coming up through the ground, yet it is not warm enough for them to grow. I hope they all survive.

I bought some new seeds and supplies for planting them, but I will hold off for another couple of weeks before starting the new seeds.

Maybe the new cat just needs a friend and some TLC. My daughter has a cat that lives on her porch. They don't know where it comes from but it is just beautiful.

Well, I'm at work so I need to get busy here. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

collector said...

Thanks again for all your beautiful scrap kits.
Hugs, Glenna

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O what pretty colors in this kit, thank you and Arlene so very much!
We had a touch of old man winter stick his nose out here last evening, it was a hard freeze last night. Thank goodness my flowers are in pots so I could take them in for the night. The wind is so very sharp and cold (especially since we have been in the 80F already). But we only have 2 days of it...LOL! Enough to make folks sick because of the up and down temperatures.
Hope Brodski and the new cat come to terms. I have a old Tomcat hanging around outside and he keeps trying to fight with my young tom Bubba. I have to stand outside so mine can eat without him attacking him.
Well, off to do some chores...house needs dusting, etc.
Chat with you more on Wednesday! Have a great day!
Hugs, Mat

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads. I hope you all have a fantastic week...

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
Funny (odd) how your weather and ours tend to be similar at the same time.:)It was rainy and windy here too. Freeze warnings this week.brrr
Thank you and Arlene for sharing such beautiful designs with us.I LOVE THEM ALL!!:)
So sorry I haven't been as regular as I was at one time. Seems time has taken on a life of it's own these days.:)Busy Busy.
We are doing home repairs and Jim and I are starting to do the entry way. Cleaning and repainting stairway spindles, patching places that Freedom (dog) scratched up when excited to go out or wanted us to hurry into the house after we had been gone.:)In between times of repair..there is always house chores and clean ups to do.I had best get to it again. Got plans for this evening.:)

Huge hugs!!
Valinda

HappyScreens said...

This kit and the clusters are so cheerful and lovely that they almost make me think that it is warm outside.
It will come soon, but sooner would be nice. Thank you both for sharing your talents. Have a good Easter. LOL