Monday, January 07, 2013

We were really busy today!

Goodafternoon everybody!

First a sad thing to tell you:
I got an email from Arlene, telling that her sister had passed away yesterday evening.
Arlene and family will have some difficult time now, but at least her sister isn;t suffering anymore. But it always is heartbreaking to loose a loved one.

The reason I am late in posting today is that Jan and I first got rid of all the Christmas decoration.
It took a few hours, but now we have back our "normal"room again LOL!
All is put back in the boxes, out away on the closet waiting for us till the end of this year.
We also dusted the room and a very necessary sweeping with the vacuum cleaner. Pffffffffffff, glad that is done!

It's however not taking so much time as the decorating. Now we can put our mind to other things.
Now it's time to relax a bit, which I do now, and Jan is taking a nap on the couch.
There are still some things left to do, like washing all the Christmas fleece blankets and some napkins and such, but the big stuff is done!
I noticed my Shoutbox has disappeared again. I tried some things but till now it's not coming back. I think it will at some time, sorry I can;t help it.!

I will not ramble long, I think I will watch a bit tv in a few minutes, there is a nice English detective which I like.
Oh my, I almost forget it myself, tomorrow I will have my birthday and I will be 60! No big party, just remembering it and perhaps make something nice for dinner. That's good enough.I just cannot realize I am having that age. The mind isn;t accepting it, and I amglad about it. Although the body isn;t always cooperating, the mind is still young enough, certainly NOT feeling as a 60-year old. LOL!

So quickly now to the freebie. I promised you a wintery kit and so it will be.
It's named "Wintry Cold". Not the case here at the moment. We still have nice temperatures for the time of year, yippee!
Oh, I've made 2 previews of the clusters from Arlene, she made lots.
Have a great day, probably will chat more on Wednesday.
Download    HERE


Download    HERE


9 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So very sad for Arlene, please send her sympathy from me...will pray for quick healing for her and her family!
So glad you got your room back in order and you and Jan can just relax! And thank you so very much for the wintry gifts from you and Arlene, beautiful as always.
Woo Hoo 60, just a young chick yet!! Happy Birthday early! May you be blessed with many, many more to come! Hugs!! Love ya!! Mat

Katia said...

Sorry, but i not speak english.

Moltissimi auguri per il traguardo del 60° compleanno! Colgo questa occasione per ringraziarla delle meravigliose creazioni che così di frequente sceglie di condividere con noi e ringraziarla per il suo prezioso lavoro.
Saluti dall'Italia!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads.
Kyra - I wish you a very Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day.
Arlene - I was very sorry to hear about your sister. I agree with Kyra when she says it is very hard to lose a loved one...

Linda said...

Let Arlene know my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Sending her hugs

Anonymous said...

Une pensée pour Arlene et sa famille, en ces moments difficiles.
Merci beaucoup pour toutes les créations que vous partagez, toutes les deux, quel travail fabuleux! Je termine en souhaitant un très bon anniversaire à Kyra!
Bonne journée,
Florence

Maureen said...

Thank you so much for the lovely downloads. Please relay to Arlene that my thoughts are with her...!! x

Anonymous said...

My sympathy to Arlene and her family.

Thank you for sharing another beautiful kit and Arelene's gorgeous clusters!

Betty

Edna B said...

I am so sad for Arlene. I will say a prayer that her heart heals quickly.

May I wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY? 60 is such a good age to be. Except for the body not cooperating sometimes, the mind is still so very young and active. I know some days I have to look in the mirror to realize how much older I really am.

I hope your birthday was fabulous and filled with sunshine and happiness.

You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful work and for sharing with your fans. I found your blog through a friend in Venezuela. Have a wonderful day.