Monday, May 28, 2012

Enjoying the great weather

Goodmorning everybody!

We are blessed this Pentecote weekend, specially people who can have a stretched weekend off. Pentecote is on Sunday and Monday too, so many took Friday off too to have a looong weekend. And they sure are lucky. Great to be outside, happy to be in a bit of shadow too,  ideal barbecue weather and all!
Saturday we did go out for a walk again, not too far away this time, just to the big park nearby. But it is lovely to walk there, with all the fresh green and some marvellous flowering bushes.
But first I have a few more pics from our walk on Thursday, to Scheveningen.
Another one of those great statues on the boulevard and of a very old merry-go round. I remember that this one already was there when I was a child.


And I made a few pics in my garden, here one of the first rose blooing and my clematis too!

Then also made some of my new Pelargoniums(we normally call them Geraniums, but officially you'll have to call them Pelargonium, because Geranium is the name of perrenail garden plants in full ground, with little flowers, but bunches of them)
I think these two have wonderful colors!

The second one has in reality much darker flowers than the first one.
And I have also a few pics of our walk in the park, it's now the time of the Azalea's and Rhododendrons to bloom!

And can you guess what we did yesterday? Yes, another walk. First we thought to go to another park, where they have a Japanese garden, that's only open for a short time, but to get there by bus, is rather complicated and I didn;t want to go on the backseat of the bike, having still a bit trouble with my rib, so we decided to go to Scheveningen again, but this time via another route. We did it all by foot, pfew! We walked to the dune area and walked through it all to Scheveningen. I must say it was the best part for me, I just love to walk there, it's so quiet, full of different trees, and with this marvellous weather it's a joy to walk there. So we followed a bit a criss-cross route and after about an hour we arrived at the harbour of Scheveningen.
We enjoyed looking at all the yachts there, there also was a little fair, so we walked there too, then took again the boulevard(oh my, it was MUCH more crowded than the other day) and then I told Jan I liked to go home, because my legs told me it was enough!
So we slowly walked to the tram and took that and gosh, I was glad to be home. But it was great to be outside again.
No idea if we go out again today, but if we do, I am sure it will not be for a too long walk, LOL!
They say, the weather will become less good the days following, certainly temperature will go down, well, that may be so, but I must see that first myself, because they aren;t always spot on with their forecasts.
You can imagine I didn;t spent much time designing at the moment, just a bit in the morning and one or two times just after dinner for a bit. Don't worry too much, I still have enough to offer you ROFL!
I did find time to change the bloglayout again, I uses my Midnight Serenade kit for it. I think it isn;t bad(used some clusters from Arlene in it too!)
Talking about Arlene, I have new clusters from her for you, this time from the Rays of Sunlite kit.
Download     HERE

And my kit is "Aurélie", a soft colored kit.
Have a great day!
Download    HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello and Thank you for these lovely downloads...
Linda

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O my what lovely flowers~the merry go round is lovely too! Thanx for Arlene's gifts and your kit is done in one of my favorite colors so thank you for that too! Have a terrific week ahead. Hugs!

Edna B said...

Your new blog design is quite pretty. And I just love your photos. I did not know that about the geraniums, so thank you. Yours are quite beautiful. I don't think I've seen any quite that color. Gorgeous! Now I'm off to get the laundry caught up. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on May. 28, 2012. Thanks again.

HappyScreens said...

Many thanks to Arlene for the clusters and to you, Kyra, for another beautiful kit! Your new blog LO is lovely.

Tracey said...

Thank you Arlene for your beautiful clusters. Thank you also Kyra for your beautiful kit too.