Friday, February 03, 2012

Clean curtains, yes!

Goodmorning everybody!

I finally washed the curtains yesterday afternoon. Oh my, they looked terrible. Now they are all bright and white again. Oh, can tell you about a little stupidity of mine LOL!
As I washed the curtains, by hand(much quicker) I always hang them wet on a line to drip off a bit first and when they are still a bit moist I hang them on their rod again, result, almost no crinkles whoopie!
So yesterday too. And it was such nice weather I though: "Why not hang them outside for a moment, in a soft wind, will dry quick". So I did, but............here comes the stupidity.............................. I just forgot that it was freezing outside, just a few degrees! Can you picture what happened???????????? To my luck I looked out of the window after a minute or 5 or ten, to see if they were still dripping off or not. They definately weren;t. I just saw some small icicles at the bottom of the curtains. OHHHH< HELP! I rushed out to the garden and touched the curtains. They were almost stiff, like a piece of moist cardboard! I managed to get them off the line, I was fearing I might break them LOL! I think I was just in time. Then I quickly hanged them cautiously in the bathroom, to thaw them. Pffffffff, all ended well.
That's me, I suppose. Meaning well, but just not using my brains, ROFL!!!!!

At the moment it looks still well outside, some sunshine, still a whee bit freezing, but during the afternoon they announced it might snow perhaps even a couple of centimeters thick! Oh gosh, I hope it will not happen, but I am afraid it will be otherwise. Probably it will only snow today, lets hope so.
A lot of people in Holland are now crossing their fingers and hoping, that it will stay freezing the next week too. And why? Because every year they hope there will be another "Elfstedentocht"again, a tour on skates over 200 kms in the north of the Netherlands. It's like a fever that is spreading fast. I have a link for you, which explains rather well, what this "elfstedentocht"(Eleven Cities tour) is all about and a link to a YouTube video of a tour of 1985. One of the toughest in the history of it was the tour of 1963, won by Reinier Paping in a time of almost 11 hours!
I always admire the enormous will power and strength of everybody who completes the tour.
Here are your links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfstedentocht
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNM0rZoAP0U

Oh, some good news to tell! Remeber the article I posted a few days ago about Mr. Abdul, who lives and workes here for about 15 years, after having to leave Afghanistan? And that he probably would be sent back? It doesn't happen. He can stay and receives his permanent residence permit! YEAH! He was sooooo happy, he couldn;t stop smiling when he was interviewed. Now suddenly the minister and government could make an exception. Hmmmm, I wonder why???? Let's not speculate about that and just be happy for him and his children.

Time to finish the post, if I want to go out for a moment, I better do it soon, before the snowing might start!
 I promised you to post my Valentine's kit today and well, here it is, named "Being with You".
 Have a wonderful weekend!!!


Download    HERE

6 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Feb. 03, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

Good morning, Kyra. I was just picturing you with frozen curtains. I always used to hang all my laundry out on a line year round (before I could afford a dryer). Manys the day in the winter time that I brought in frozen laundry. Gosh, I sure don't miss that anymore! Good luck with the snow and the tour. What wonderful news about Mr. Abdul and his family. It's always nice to hear good news. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Orlie said...

Kyra, thank you for the beautiful kit. I know I have said this before but I love reading your posts. And for the curtains WELL!!! winter will do that. i love it. Thank you

Unknown said...

So happy to hear about Mr. Abdul. Thanks for the kit

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
I finally got back here with time to comment.:)
Too funny about your frozen curtains.LOL We forget sometimes that it is THAT cold out there. One time while driving I wanted to clean the windshield off and forgot about it being cold out.I turned the water on for cleaning it and had an instant ice windshield.Fortunately..I had just started to leave the house.LOL So far I have been fortunate to not have that happen again.Live and learn!:)

I LOVE your Valentines kit and thank you so much for sharing it with me.:)

Hope Jan's tomatoes survive!With his tender loving care I am sure they will.:)

Stay warm my friend and enjoy your weekend.

Hugs,
Valinda

Unknown said...

lets follow eachother ..nice