Monday, November 07, 2011

Made a visit

Goodmorning everybody!

Our weekend was a nice one. Saturday it still was real nice weather so I just went out for the weekend newspaper, and made a little tour in the shopping street, just because it was such nice weather, and I even found two little Christmas presents, yeah! I am almost ready now, still have to go out for another search, may be today, and then I can wrap them up, and bring them in time to the postoffice.
Told you a bit about our elderly neighbour who is temporarly in a home now?
She is  disabled, cannot walk very much, goes out in a special scoot mobile, suffers of several things, but her mind is okay! Every now and then we met on the street and made a little talk, but we also have her keys, so if necessary she can call us and we can come to help. That has happened a few months ago, she fell down, so Jan and I went up and could call help for her. Now her son is on holiday, so nobody takes care of her house so we offered to do that. Well, Satuday Jan went upstairs to see if there was some post for her and also watered her plants.
Sunday afternoon we went to the home our neighbour is staying to bring the post. We stayed there for a while talking, I told her some more about my family, a bit how Jan and I met almost 20 years ago, and I think she really enjoyed it. At times her eyes opened real wide as she heard our stories! The poor thing wants to go home, but for the moment she cannot do that, cause in her fall she badly hurt her wrist and damaged one hip some more. So first her wrist has to get better, otherwise she cannot hold her rollator in her house she needs for walking and also her hip is giving her trouble. She needs an operation for that, a new one has to be put in, may be somewhere in december it could be done.
We promised her to come back next weekend again, to bring the post again and she was sooo happy.
And why not? We can make somebody feel a bit less lonely and we get out the house too in this way.

Oh, Friday evening Jan went to the house of the guy with the billiard. He had invited a few people but only Jan and one other man had come! Not too nice, I think. But Jan had a good time there, and perhaps in future he will go there once in a while to play a bit the billiard.Jan had a "fresh looking head"again, cause in the afternoon I gave him a haircut. I am getting better and better in it LOL! I think a real hairdresser will run away screaming seeing my "work of art"ROFL, but it's not too bad either.
During his visit I watched some tv, and even did a bit of designing at the computer.
As you can imagine I didn;t do too much on Sunday, so this week I have to finish up a kit for the World Wide Christmas Scrapbooking blogtrain and also want to make a few things for Minky's Christmasblog.
http://faeriechristmas.blogspot.com/For newbies may be a nice thing to take a look, Minky and I made a lot of things last year and all is still available for download! And as soon as there will be new stuff I will give you notice, okay?

Today I have the start of a several parts download for you, in a Steampunk theme. Not everybody likes that theme, but I do enjoy sometimes to design a bit in this style. Well, it's a change from the "usual"stuff LOL.
I will be nice to you and give you already TWO downloads of the 5 parts.
Have a splendid day!
Download   Part 1 HERE
Download  Part 2  HERE

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful,thanks for sharing

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
How SWEET of you and Jan to go visit your neighbor.That had to be such a pleasant surprise for her.:)

Have a fantastic day my friend and THANK YOU so much for parts one and two of your Steampunk kit.:)


Hugs,
Valinda

Edna B said...

I agree, you and Jan are very special people to take the time to make someone else a bit happier. I love doing random acts of kindness. (RAK) It's so much fun and I feel good afterwards. I'm so glad to have you as my friend. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

How kind of you to help out your neighbour and friend and to make us these wonderful kits. I love the steampunk theme!