Friday, September 16, 2011

Trousers are done!

Goodmorning everybody!

I had a terrific good night of sleep, and I can feel that too. After months of broken up nights, it now happens a lot more I can sleep 6 or 7 hours in a row again! And if I wake up at night(sometimes natures just calls to me, ROFL) it can get back to sleep much sooner than before. Hoorray for that.
My talk about Jan, finally buying some colthes again got a lot of comments, hahahaha. It seems a world-wide spread virus, isn;t it ladies??
Wednesday afternoon we went for a walk to the market, where I just bought me a new pile of potatoes and onions and yeas, also the wundaweb for shortening the trousers(thanks Chris, for telling me the English word!). We also did pass several stands with nice jeans, but no, I didn't succeed in letting Jan buy a pair of them! So I suppose his short-time madness was already gone again, LOL!
It was another rather fine day, so it was good to be outside for a while.
Yesterday I did most of the shopping for the weekend already and after return, I kicked myself in the bottom and did the job on Jan's trousers. I did them all, oh my, what a good girl I am at times. Happy that it's done, and what a wonderful stuff that wundawebb is!!!
Then I prepared the dinner, which was really yummie. Made chicken filet  filles with salami and mozarella, self made french fries and some butter-beans. Some strawberries for desert, and voila, our stomachs were loaded again.
In between some quick hoovering, and usual cleaning up, so I am rather satisfied with myself, grin grin.

And I even had a bit of time designing on a new kit, almost ready with that, just have to upload the files.
Oh, I might have a nice link for you I found, when I was looking around on internet for something, it's a Flickr account, where you can find a lots of beautiful textures and also pre-made backgrounds, most of them Creative Commons. Worthwhile to take a look at Brenda Starr's photostream.
And if you like Victorian postcards, take a look here
Another one with cute stuff is Magic Moonlight
And may that not be enough, take a look here
Last but not least, try this one, with LOTS of links to other sites, and the bst is, that they are almost all free to use, so be sure to check the TOU of the one who offers those wonderful things!
Ha, I think I gave you enough to spend some time on the internet in the weekend! Oh, if you download something from one of the sites, don;t forget a little thank you. It always makes people happy, is just a small gesture with great effect!

Today Jan wants to go for a bike search, but he wants to find a good second hand one, and there are lots to find, if you take a bit of time. It saves you really a lot of money, so if you don;t need one right away it is a good thing to do it this way. And though the weather is colling down a bit, it still ca be nice outside, specially when the sun is shining. So perhaps Jan and I will do our best this weekend to make a start with the winter-preparing of the garden. We'll see if that will actually happen.
Tomorrow I just will have to buy us some fresh bread and the weekend newspaper, and may be I will do some ironing, not sure about that yet, hahahaha.
Both of my cats come in the house a little bit more often, at the moment they are both lying asleep on the couch, like two furry balls, leaving almost no space for someone to sit. And they are acting very cross when you try to move them aside a bit, so that with some effort you just can squeeze yourself on a small spot!
Well, that's about it again, so I will give you the 3rd download of the Whispering-kit.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Download    part 3  HERE

4 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Kyra,

Thank you for your visit to my blog and your birthday wishes to me. I'm glad I decided to come here and see you.

I know this thing about having a good night's rest. Without a good sleep all else is awful.

That wundaweb sounds intriguing, I've never seen it before. We have a product called speed-sew,like a glue, that we used to use. I wonder if its the same.

Hope you have a lovely week!

~ Barb

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Kyra:)
YAY!! You got his pants done!! Now you can play all weekend.LOL
Happy you got a good nights rest.Hope Jan is able to find a bike.Are you getting one too?:)
Thanks so much for sharing another part to your PRETTY kit.:)LOVIN IT!!

Have a TERRIFIC weekend my friend!!

Hugs,
Valinda

Edna B said...

I need to buy me some of that hemming stuff too. I used to sew all the time, but now I don't like to sew at all. I have things that need to be hemmed, but I keep putting it off.

I hate to agree, but yes, it's a good time to start preparing the gardens for winter. I want to get a few new bulbs planted, and then pick up more mulch. Gosh, I have so many ideas for my garden next Spring. See? I just wished most of the cold winter away!

You have a great day, Kyra. Hugs, Edna B.

Maureen said...

Fabulous Kyra...thank you...!!