Monday, September 19, 2011

A lovely layout from Nanette

Goodmorning everybody!

After a really relaxing weekend on to a new week of who knows what!
Friday we went looking for the bike Jan saw, but it was gone already! So I told him once again that if he sees another bike again that looks okay, he should buy it immediately if the price is nice for a second hand one. Or at least leave a little deposit and come home to fetch me if he wants. So till now no bike for him. Instead we did buy something else for just a few euro's, and you will grin when I tell you what.!
We bought us 4 pots for our indoor plants, LOL! Jan wanted to repot a couple of the plants, they really needed a size bigger pot, but we didn;t have any pots of pottery anymore. And as it was nice weather on Saturday, Jan repotted most of the plants, and did that in the garden, much easier and the mess of it is easier to clean away. In the meantime I did some pruning of the lavender and removed some weeds and "old"plants.
Still have to do some more, but a start has been made.

I also was rather productive on the designing side, only I have a bit of trouble in uploading the kits on Mediafire. The uploading speed is SOOOOOOOOOO low, unbelievable! Don;t know if it is something from my internet connection or that it has to do with Mediafire. I will try it again today and hope that it will speed up a bit. Very annoying when it takes a real long time to upload a kit!
Oh, this morning I found a nice message in my mail, from Nanette of Scrap-4-Kids blogspot. She made a layout with papers from another designer but the frames she used where from a kit of mine! And she got it published in a magazine, I will give you the link to Nanette's blog to see her layout and also the link to the site of the magazine, Enchanting Creations. I went looking to that site and must admit that it is an awesome magazine for scrappers of all kind! They also have a forum and much more and every month some themes to make layouts with and if you do it well enough they publish it!
Here Nanette's link     http://scrap-4-kids.blogspot.com/2011/09/enchanting-creations-magazine-october.html 

Here of the magazine   http://www.enchantingcreationsmag.com/

Tomorrow we will spend some time in front of the tv, during the day, watching the opening of the year of parliament. The queen will arrive in the centre of The Hague, at the Ridderzaal to have her speech, and she will ride in the Golden Coach. That always is nice to see.
 What I always like to see is how the Queen and also Princess Maxima( wife of Willem-Alexander, oldest son of Queen Beatrix and successor of the throne) are drssed. And very amusing to see are the different hats the ladies of the parliament, or wife of members of parliament and guests are wearing! It's rwally a hat-parade. Some of the hats are really nice, but some of them have a really weird thing on their head LOL!
Here a link if you want to have an explanation of this day    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinsjesdag
And if you like to see the Gouden Koets and the ride with all the entourage there are enough videos to see on youtube.

Time for me to finish this post again, with another part of the Whispering kit. Yet one more to go to have it all complete, last part will be posted on Wednesday.
Have a wonderful day!

Download     part 4  HERE

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Good morning Kyra. Gosh, that coach is gorgeous! I agree about the hats. I love to see them, but some of them are really outrageous. I think my favorite are the big round picture hats. At least that's what we used to call them. When I was young, hats were very much in style. I think it would be nice to bring them back into everyday fashion.

I'm off now to spend time with Tootsie. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good evening Kyra:)
Sounds like you had a productive weekend..even though Jan didn't get his bike.:) Maybe he will find an even nicer one next time!!:)
I agree about the hats.Some of them can really go a bit overboard.Some..I wouldn't be caught dead in.LOL
The gold coach is BEAUTIFUL and reminds me of the Cinderella movies I have seen.:)I LOVE "EVER AFTER" especially when the robbers tell her she can take anything she can carry and she picks the Prince up and throws him over her shoulders and walks away with him.LOL
Thanks so much for another part to your lovely kit.:)

Hugs,
Valinda