Monday, June 13, 2011

We had rain with hail here!

Goodmorning everybody!

First thing to tell is that Minky's husband, Ian, has his birthday! So if you have a moment it would be great if you pop over to her blog, Minky's things, to leave him some birthday wishes. At the same time you can look at some quickpages I've made and snatch them too at the link Minky tells you.
Well, I went Friday to the hospital to leave some bloog there, LOL. But oh my God! That took me an aweful lot of time! It was so crowded there and only a few nurses were available to take the blood samples, so I think I waited there more than an hour at my turn!!!!
When I finally came home I took something to drink and then quickly went to do some shopping. Home again I thought it was enough for that day and I started a bit playing at the computer. I must say lately the creativity and also the fun of it, is returning again, wheeee.
Saturday the weather wasn't too bad, but I didn't do much. In the afternoon I went out for a moment to buy a newspaper and found me an awesome book for only € 5,00. It has been a long time since I bought me a book, pew! Title is "The Nostradamus prophecies" by Mario Reading. It has a slight similarity with the Da Vinci Code from Dan Brown.
So in the afternoon I took my book and started reading in my garden chair, and the book was catchy from the first page on. It's also interesting, because the main figure, Adam Sabir is "diving under"in the mysterious life of French Gypsies.
Here the text on the backcover
For readers of Raymond Khourys The Last Templar, or the works of Dan Brown, this high-octane commercial thriller tells of a hunt for the lost prophecies of Nostradamus and the two men who will do anything to discover their secrets. Nostradamus wrote a thousand prophecies. Only 942 have survived. What happened to the missing quatrains? What secrets did they contain to make it necessary for them to remain hidden? And why did Nostradamus leave his daughter a sealed container in his will? These questions drive two men with very different desires. Adam Sabir is a writer desperate to revive his flagging career; Achor Bale is a member of an ancient secret society that has dedicated itself to the protection and support of the "Three Antichrists" foretold in Nostradamuss verses -- Napoleon, Adolf Hitler, and the "one still to come"...The pair embark on a terrifying chase through the ancient Romany encampments of France in a quest to locate the missing verses.

In the evening we suddenly had curtains of rain with even some hail in it, pouring down from the sky! Also some thunder was heard. Well, it was a good thing for nature, that a bit of water fell down. Sunday started out real nice again, so you can imagine what I did, when the sun was shining? Yes, in my garden chair with my book. I think today I also will spend a bit of time on the reading again. It's a very catching book, like a thriller.
But looking outside, it will not be in the garden today, it looks a bit grey and windy, so the couch will be a good place too LOL.
Freebie of today is a fantasy kit, named "Fairies have fun"Hope you can have some fun too, making some lovely layouts with it!
Have a marvellous day!
Download     HERE

3 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jun. 13, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [14 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Unknown said...

Hi Kyra, just wanted to let you know that I still love your kits.
I used this one to make a fairy layout. You can look at it on my blog dated 24th June.
Scrap-4-Kids.
Thanx again and keep on going with the kits.... nanette