Monday, July 05, 2010

Great designing weekend

Goodmorning everybody!

I did forget to put on a little post yesterday to wish all Americans a happy 4th of July. Very unthoughtful of me, sorry,!
The weekend passed on very quiet but I got a great flow of creativity! I spent a lot of time at the computer, which was also the best to do, because it was too hot to stay for a long time in the sun. We really should buy us a parasol for the garden, to have a bit of shade. Hmmmm, knowing us, the idea and intention is there, now we only have to go actually to a store where they sell those things, and if possible not for a lot of money.
We should have one or two days of a bit less good weather, that;'s to say temperature about 63 -65 F, which is low compared to last week! Some more wind, bit fresher, but it gives the opportunity to do some more work in and may be around the house, who knows!
Our "guests"are behaving rather well, LOL! The rabbit had already some walks in the room, and was all happy about it. Yesterday I had a fun moment with that! The room was closed to the cats, of course, but that is no big deal, cause they spent most of the time outside with the good weather. So rabbit out of the cage and it loves to hop behind you when you walk around the room and I went to the back of the room to take a look into the garden. And we have one big window that goes all to the floor. Who was standing in front of that in tehe garden? Brodski the cat. And who was standing in the room in front of it? Yes, the rabbit!!! I didn't have my camera with me, and it would have been hard to take a good picture, but you should have seen the look at Brodski's face!! He didn't had a clou what was going on! Something strange was moving close to me at my feet, how was that possible?? Okay, after a while I closed the curtain, so he wouldn;t stay upset too long LOL! Rabbit had his hopping around-time, Jan took the sweeper to collect some funny little brown pearls (hahaha) and I did the final part. Rabbit back, door open and Brodski in a bit stressed, LOL.
Oh, it is real funny to observe your pets at times!

It was a creative weekend, I must say. Did some challenges and made more then a couple of freebies! I am enjoying my PSE8 more and more. I am learning each day a little thing and it's such fun when you discover a new thing in it and you try to use it and it really seems to work. Whoopeee!!!
Let me show you a few things I made for challenges:
We have a photo challenge and this time Edna proposed us to take a picture ourselves and make some elements with it. This is what I came up with: first the original picture and then the elements:

I might even offer that as a freebie a bit later!
Then I was glad Edna reminded me of a challenge! I hosted already two times the book cover challenge but totally forgot about it this month! So I gave it a thought and came up with this: to make a book cover for a journey on one of the big rivers of the world, e.g. the Nile, Amazone, Ganges and such. Inventing your own title for it too. I made this one:
Not too bad, what do you think?
I made even more challenges, but I will save it for another time.
Time now for a little freebie, a mini-kit and I am sure Snowy will giggle when she sees this. She already was when she some of the latest kits, they were all so romantic, I wonder how I came to that?????? Could that be inspired by the love-story of Erik and Snowy??? Hmmmm, it could have played its role in my subconsious, LOL. Anyway, today I offer you "Only You". May be some of you get into a romantic mood too, who knows????
Have a wonderful day!
Download     HERE

3 comments:

Snowy said...

Ok...now you are really rubbing it in , hey??? Yes, you were correct -there was giggles,lol. It's a good job I'm on my own in the office, otherwise I would have gotten some strange looks. Just a shame that Erik can't see all the attention we get,lol.-back to work for me now, hugs Snowy

Edna B said...

Kyra, it sounds like you are having a grand time with your furry/feathered visitors. I just skipped back a ways to see your new curtains. How did I miss them? They are really beautiful. Your garden is quite lovely with the sweet peas and the white hydrangea. My neighbor has purple hydrangeas. I never saw them before. His father brought them from down South and planted them in his front yard. I have to see if I can find some of those for my new side yard. I just home from work and am trying to catch up on my mail and such. The internet broke on my laptop and I have been at wits' end. Have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

ava0220 said...

thank you for sharing your pretty designs! i love all the fairies on your page,btw!